M asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 2 weeks ago

How to write a PR release? Help please!?

I need help on writing a short pr release for my class. Ive never written one before and we were just give an exercise to practice using to write with

Favorite Answer

That would even take me (retired from the profession) more than half an hour to do.

I suggest you look up other examples of college press releases and produce something in a similar order. Remember, press releases should be designed to grab editors' and writers' attention and make it easy to tell the story to their readers. Some of what you write may get cut and pasted, often only a tiny portion of your story will make it into print, so it is vital that the story is crystal clear.I'm not sure what they want the reader to actually do other than just think "wow" unless it is to go to the presentation ceremony.

$350,000 GRANT AWARDED TO COLLEGE CHILD DEVELOPMENT PROFESSOR

A £350,000 grant, the first of its kind in outside of clinical psychology, has been awarded by the Happy Baby Toy Company to Dr Benjamin Spot a researcher and....