Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 3 weeks ago

Can eye doctor withhold 3 year expired glasses prescription ?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Your question simply makes no sense to me. Are you trying to ask if the doctor can withhold providing you glasses if all you have is a 3 year old prescription? He certainly can and in most cases will not accept such an old prescription. An eye prescription is not a forever thing. Your vision can change too much. If I was using glasses from a few years ago I would be lucky to see to walk across the room. Wise up and do things correctly. 

• 3 weeks ago

My policy is to write the prescription but mark it expired. Sometimes another doctor needs to know what your old prescription was to better serve you. I have to admit that it worked better when I knew that a live optician was going to look at your prescription before deciding to fill it. Since you can now order online whatever you want, I can see there being a reason to not give it out. I think that the law only requires us to give out current prescriptions.

• AndyF
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

In the USA there is a two year limit, even less if you have serious eye trouble. Get a new prescription as eyes change over time and you want the best eye care. 

• Sky
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Why wouldn't the eye doctor just issue a new prescription if the current one is so old?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.