can i paint without painter knowledge?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 day ago

Without previous knowledge, only a very capable and gifted person can get to paint paintings of a certain quality. And resigning complex techniques and approaches. Except that you want to remain in this level very basic artisan level, you have to take classes.

• 2 weeks ago

yes you can but you will need to know if the wall has a sheen or if it is a flat on the wall. if it has a sheen it had a semi gloss paint or if you try to wipe it down with a rag and the pulls on the rag. then its a flat wall paint. flat wall paint is very easy to paint with you wont have to worry about getting a even coat. you always prepare the ground surface first with either heavy plastic or a old sheet or get a roll of brown paper then tape it with the blue tape on the ground to make sure the floor wont get paint on it. you will need at least a 9 inch roller frame and a 9  inch roller cover to slide onto the frame. i would use a broom handle with threads to put inside of the paint roller. the easiest is getting a paint screen that hangs inside of a 5 gallon bucket. and you will want to get at least a 2-3 inch sash brush to lay on some paint on the corners and to cut in the ceiling. if the walls and the ceiling is the same color then your life got a whole lot easier. if the ceiling is a flat white and the wall is a off white or egg shell i would paint the ceiling first and bring it down on the wall about 2-3 inches and when it dries use the paint brush to cut up to the edge of the ceiling and bring it down the wall 2-3 inches over top of the ceiling paint.and then brush the corners of the room the same way. then bring it up from the edge of the floor the same. rolling will be a whole lot easier. take your roller and roll down the screen and hit the paint in the 5 gallon bucket and keep it rolling around the roller skin and dont try to submerge the roller or it will have paint dripping when it comes out. then spin the roller with the paint on it to get off the heavy excess then start rolling the wall with your wall paint or the ceiling. the best way to roll a wall with a roller frame try to imagine the roller cover is coming off and you have to keep it on so roll the surface left to right. dont dry roll a wall. when it stops covering go back down in the 5 gallon bucket and get more paint and spin it off in the 5 gallon bucket and roll again. you want going back over the wall once to make sure there isn't any runs on the wall. so your getting a even coat on the wall. i forgot to say before you paint you will need to cover or tape off any electrical covers or switches. and remove the curtains and paint around the brackets or tape them off.

• 2 weeks ago

To paint a room? 

The Internet is full of knowledge where you can learn how to do just about anything.  I have found lots of wonderful painting advise from Pinterest.com.

Do a little research.

To paint artistically?

Go to youtube.com where you can view artist painting in the making.

Prepare to be amazed.

• 2 weeks ago

You can...but doing a bit of research may be helpful

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Joe
    Lv 5
    2 weeks ago

Of course you can...with varying degrees of results. 

• 2 weeks ago

yes...its your ides and draw it.

• B nice
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

Yes as to having no experience vs “

knowledge

of”

painting

. Acquire some basic

knowledge

from the internet including watching a few YouTube videos.

• elhigh
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

...what?

Anyone can paint. It's easy. Anyone can do a good job. It's easy.

Preparation is key. Be ready to put down cloths where you're working (you don't need to paper the whole place, just move the cloth to where you are).

Tape off the sensitive details and burnish down the edge of the tape carefully. And even then, don't paint on the tape at all if you can avoid it.

Do the cut-in painting first - that is, do the edges, around trim and other finicky bits that have to be done with a brush, first. Remove all switch and outlet covers so you can just paint right up to the edge of the hole, but don't be super-amateur and just paint all over the switches and outlets. That's not just amateur, it's lazy and sloppy.

Remove light fixture lenses, and trim if possible. It only takes a minute or two to do but it saves several minutes in how much care you have to use during your project.

When all the cut in and trim work is done, you can tool up for rolling.

When rolling, slow and steady is better. You can go fast, but you'll fling paint dots everywhere. Take it easy. It takes more time to cover the wall - barely - but it means a LOT less cleanup afterward - a tiny extra investment of time on this end of the project saves an enormous amount of time later.

Start high, work low.

When rolling, first stroke down. Nice and easy.

It's easy to do.

Any questions, ask. I check back on my answers from time to time to see if anyone has followups. If you have questions, I'll help if I can.

Good luck with it.

• 3 weeks ago

Try watching a Bob Ross tutorial on YouTube. He's awesome!

• oil field trash
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

You don't need a lot of experience but you do need a bit of knowledge which you can get from YouTube videos

• 3 weeks ago

Depends. I assume you are talking about painting the walls of a room. Setting up is easy. You just tape the ceiling and trim on the floor so the paint doesn't get on it. Cover the area in front of the wall with newspaper. You will need to paint multiple coats though. Like at least 3. I don't like painting because it hurts my arm, but I'm sure you will be fine.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.