Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 3 weeks ago

How does one get rich in the stock market?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • John
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

buy low, sell high, many times.

• 3 weeks ago

Slowly and over a lifetime of smart investing. You don't get rich quick. You hear about the guy that bought X for Y and made a killing, but for every one of those there are thousands who plunked it all down on the Next Big Thing and lost most of it. You should not be in the stock market by yourself until your investments are worth at least a million dollars. You put your money into good professionally-managed mutual funds or ETFs and let the professionals buy the stocks.

• 3 weeks ago

Buy low and sell high.

If anyone REALLY knew how to do that, they would be rich!

• 3 weeks ago

Set financial goals, make a plan to achieve those goals, save from your income and allocate to the plan, embrace dividend growers to help you enact the plan, embrace long term compounding, make investing a habit and buy MORE when the market is low, don't panic. 

• tiescore
      Lv 6
      3 weeks agoReport

Yeah thumbs down what do I know, I make more from the market most years than I do from my job and only been doing this for 37 years, but OK. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Buy low, sell high.  Repeat as many times as needed.

• Amy
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Luck.

No investment can guarantee that you will "get rich." The higher a return you try to obtain, the higher your risk of losing money instead.

Based on past results, investing in the S&P500 would double your money in approximately 12 years - with lots of ups and downs along the way. But of course there's no reason to think the US economy will perform as well in future as it did during the 20th century.

You can reasonably expect returns like that by buying a diverse mix of the stocks of companies in different industries and different countries. 

Over time some will increase in value and some will decrease. There will be times when almost all of them decrease, and times when one stock increases tremendously. Nobody knows in advance what will happen (if we did, we would all buy the stock that's going to increase). But as long as most companies are making enough profit to stay in business, holding a diverse mix of them will entitle you to a share of those profits. 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Invest significant amounts regularly over a very long period of time and be very patient.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.