Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 weeks ago

Do atheists blush whenever they think of God?

Why would they?  I suspect that many do not often think of god.  They do not rely on a god-figure to help themselves.

No.  Thinking of God is just not something I do spontaneously.  However, I do feel somewhat embarrassed when people suddenly bring up the topic, mostly because I then have to decide how I should avoid revealing my atheism.  My standard disclaimer is that I don't like to discuss religion or politics in public, unless I'm anonymous -- which is true.  Once I know someone is a Christian or Muslim, I tend to stick to technical or business matters and try to avoid having a serious personal conversation with them.  I don't feel that uncomfortable with most Jews because they are often properly educated and many are somewhat tolerant of atheists.

I sometimes feel embarrassed for certain Christians. Does that count?

You really have trouble understanding the whole not-believing-in-gods-thing, don't you?

• Atheists will suffer when they see God on the day of their judgment!

Actually, you got that backwards. It is the believers who are shy of God and who are well aware of God and whenever the sincere believer is in a vulnerable circumstance they are definitely shy of God.

Atheists don't need to think to a puppet flying in the sky and living on a cloud (whatever they are: allah, the christian god, Vishnu, etc... )

no i laugh because he doesnt exist........

• Do Christians blush whenever they think of....actually I can’t finish my question. Christians never think.

• Everard
      3 weeks agoReport

Wolfie .. look up triggered.
      Are you suggesting anyone answering your question is triggered?
      You need to sue your teachers for not making you smarter.
      ~

Sometimes she gives me a Bohner