Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 weeks ago

Do atheists blush whenever they think of God?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Why would they?  I suspect that many do not often think of god.  They do not rely on a god-figure to help themselves.

• 3 weeks ago

No.  Thinking of God is just not something I do spontaneously.  However, I do feel somewhat embarrassed when people suddenly bring up the topic, mostly because I then have to decide how I should avoid revealing my atheism.  My standard disclaimer is that I don't like to discuss religion or politics in public, unless I'm anonymous -- which is true.  Once I know someone is a Christian or Muslim, I tend to stick to technical or business matters and try to avoid having a serious personal conversation with them.  I don't feel that uncomfortable with most Jews because they are often properly educated and many are somewhat tolerant of atheists.

• 3 weeks ago

I sometimes feel embarrassed for certain Christians. Does that count?

• 3 weeks ago

You really have trouble understanding the whole not-believing-in-gods-thing, don't you?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Atheists will suffer when they see God on the day of their judgment!

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Actually, you got that backwards. It is the believers who are shy of God and who are well aware of God and whenever the sincere believer is in a vulnerable circumstance they are definitely shy of God.

• 3 weeks ago

Atheists don't need to think to a puppet flying in the sky and living on a cloud (whatever they are: allah, the christian god, Vishnu, etc... )

• 3 weeks ago

no i laugh because he doesnt exist........

• Do Christians blush whenever they think of....actually I can’t finish my question. Christians never think.

• Everard
      Lv 6
      3 weeks agoReport

Wolfie .. look up triggered.
      Are you suggesting anyone answering your question is triggered?
      You need to sue your teachers for not making you smarter.
      ~

• 3 weeks ago

Sometimes she gives me a Bohner 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.