What's the best path to become a teacher?

Hello! I have a bachelor's degree in finance. I would like to go into the education field and become a high school math teacher. I'm trying to figure out what the best path is to become a teacher. I know most school districts accept a teaching certificate, but would that be the better path over getting a bachelor's in education? Or a master's in education?

Also, what is the daily workday of a teacher? What kind of deadlines are there? I just want to know anything about being a teacher.  Thank you!

I wrote a detailed answer but Y!A made it invisible.  But for some reason this is visible... f this site.  

The requirements differ by state. You can find them on your state's Department of Education website. Many states are so desperate for math teachers that they will let you start teaching if you just take the Praxis test in math and pass it, and then they give you a few years to take a few education courses.