Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 3 weeks ago

my dog hurt her back leg, what can i do until i can get to the vet tomorrow.]?

my dog hurt her leg somehow and now she is limping what can i do until i can get her to a vet tomorrow, all she does is lay around, I have to bring her water and food too her, she wont even get up to go outside :( i feel so helpless is there anything i can do to make her feel better

Update:

she cries everytime i try to pick her up

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

No you need to take her to the vet to get dianosed and treated

• 3 weeks ago

The best thing you can do until you can see your vet in the morning, is keep her as quiet and warm as possible - with water but NO FOOD as has been suggested, in case she has to be given a general anaesthetic when the vet does see her and diagnose what's going on. 

Why bother trying to pick her up in any case?  

You could phone your vet's emergency number for advice re what pain relief she could have.

• 3 weeks ago

This is highly likely to be either luxating patella and the kneecap has slipped round or cruciate ligament rupture.  

Tbh even if you took her to the vets as an emergency all they would do is give pain relief at this time.  They wouldn't operate until tomorrow.   However if she is in that much pain do NOT feed her in the morning before going to the vet so that they can operate immediately if she needs it. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.