Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 3 weeks ago

In California, can you just be in an online drivers education course and still take the permit test?

Would I need to complete it and get the certificate of completion before I take the test? Or can I just be enrolled in the program actively and take the test, as I just started the 30hr course but I was planning on taking my test sometime next week because I know most, if not all, of what I should to take the test.

• May

"California law requires a person under the age of 18 to ***complete*** one of the following classroom driver education and driver training courses:

25 hours of classroom instruction (not including breaks or time for meals), home study or Internet training program (must be equivalent to classroom instruction requirements).

6 hours of Behind-the-Wheel training.

50 hours of supervised driving practice that includes 10 hours of driving during darkness. "

If you are younger than 17.5 then you need the certificate before you can take the written test, if you're older you don't need it at all.

• Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

you can complete that 30 hour course in a few hours and get your certificate (print it out) and you're good to go, you got plenty of time.