Have you ever read books that made you want to do something you would never do if you hadn't read them?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • susan
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

My bucket list includes taking a vacation in Montana, somewhere that I have a view of the plains meeting the mountains, and even better if it is somewhere that offers horseback trail rides.I want to go there and look at the mountains, look at the sky, and just breathe. And I would not have known that I wanted this if it weren't for a couple of novels I have read.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Yes, usually related to travel.  I read a book a few years ago about following the existing trenches that remain in Europe from WWI, and have made a few trips to locations that were discussed.  

• 3 weeks ago

Yes but only because I wouldn't have known about some places or events without the book. Specifically, interesting local festivals in different parts of the world.

• Andrew
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I can't really think of anything that a book has inspired me to do, but I've definitely learned lots of lessons from books on what NOT to do. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

I'm not that gullible. I don't allow other people to dictate my life.whether face to face or through writing or movies or whatever. I maintain control over my life.

• Ray3 weeks agoReport

Are you a control freak though?

• Henry
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

Several books, movies, songs, videos, etc..

• Ray3 weeks agoReport

I do wonder if books can instill a sense of confidence

• 3 weeks ago

My favorite book for us Seniors is by Dr. Seuss: "On Beyond Z."  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.