What should I do about my employer not paying me my full check???

My paycheck November 1,2019 was 

Suppose to be 436 but I only GOTTEN 100$ of it. I talk to my manager but she told me to call her manger and talk to her. So I did.! She got it fixed but told I would be sent a check. However the problem is a week has pass, and still no paycheck in the mail!!!!!!!! So I’m trying to be patient, and not get on my employers bad side but I’m to the point that I want to march up to labor board. It’s the 19,2019 and still no check. I was told not to go to to next in command at work. I just done waiting !!!!!! I want my money!!!!!!!! 


They now got new people running payroll for our company, and this has never happened before with anyone. And I got my second pay for this month, but not my second. 

7 Answers

  • John
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

    Your company has a negative cash flow and they are jerking you around. Keep all your records if you have to go to The Department of Labor. My company did not send in the employees Social Security and they got a $25,000 fine which was a tidy sum in 1988. Four years later I became a third owner of my company and needless to say, the employees got paid before the owners. I got the privilege to fire the previous owner at a closed door board meeting. 

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

    Call back and say you didn't get it yet and ask what is going on. Simple.

    • KitKat4 weeks agoReport

      I been doing that for the last week and a half.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

    I know you've grown up in a world where gratification is usually instant, but in some cases, you still have to wait. Mail is one of those things you can't speed up.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Athena
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    Take him/hr to small claims court.

    Produce the evidence that you worked those hours.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago



    Send an email to the payroll person in charge of solving this problem.

    Bcc yourself (to your personal email address outside of work) in the email. (The recipient shall not know that you Bcc's yourself.)

    Make sure that your email is very clear about the dates and how much you are owed for specific periods. It should be so clear that a stranger could read it for the first time and understand it.

    Be polite and say: 

    "I undertsand that the company has switched to a new payroll system. I am owed this amoount of money for this pay period."


    If you somehow end up losng your job you'll have a record of what is owed to you and the labor board would likely be on your side.

  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

    I wouldn't let the company get too far behind.  Maybe it's a monetary crisis. Maybe the employees who handle payroll are idiots.  I'm sure they did tell you not to go above their heads.

    HOWEVER, if you do go above their heads and you do get fired, you DO have legal recourse against the company.  I just don't know how drastic you want the situation to get.

    There was a time in my life when a missed paycheck would have meant I didn't eat that week.  Do what you need to do.

  • denise
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    Just withhold your labour until you get your 'owed' money.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.