Help me please?

I have a boyfriend, but he always makes fun of me. The way I laugh, the way I look, dress, everything. But he can also be so sweet. Whenever we talk irl that’s when he’s mean but when we text and stuff like that he’s so sweet. I also deal with things like body dysmorphia and anorexia, but I haven’t told him any of that because I’m afraid he’ll make fun of me for it, so 

this really hurts when he says stuff like that. I really really like him but I don’t know if I can do this... :(

• SW-6
    Favorite Answer

When he starts his making fun of you, ask him this:  "what make YOU so perfect"?  Then exit, stage right.  The way I see it, the damage is done.  Even if he apologizes and promises to never do it again, I know I will always look at him as the S-hole who made crude remarks about my laugh, the way I talk, my over bight, etc.  I was nothing but good to you and you pay me back by making fun of me?  How many other men out there would love and cherish all the good I give to them and not have a bad word to say to me.  Plus your issues with anorexia, body dysmorphia, you got enuff to worry about than put up with a childish, disrespectful and mean from the man who is supposed to be helping you with your afflictions.  Honey - life is short and meant to live well, happy, content and fulfilled.  I know for me I havent got time for the pain, I dont need this c rap and you can go find someone who meets your standards to the point that you wont make fun of them.  IF I am you, I am gone and don't expect me to believe anything you say anymore.  Good luck to you :)

Source(s): You deserve better
  • Jerry

Why are you putting up with someone who makes fun of you? And, it doesn't sound like in a non-mocking way? You're trying harder to be with him than he is to be with you. Making fun of someone is just plain mean and uncalled for...listen to the idiot in the White House! It's childish. I'm sorry you're dealing with anorexia and dysmorphia, but that doesn't mean you have to settle for being with a jackass!! I'm SURE you can do better; dump him and find someone who appreciates YOU...

• Brian

The fact that he's always making fun of you is a bad sign. I'd suggest that you find another guy who will treat you a LOT better.

You are a beautiful unique snowflake, now go fart those toads out at him girl

Stuff your vagina with toads and when you see him, fart the toads out at him.

Tell him how you see what he's doing and how you feel when he does it.

So you're seeing a guy who takes it upon himself to criticize and judge you. And you're young. And you're staying with him. If this is the sort of treatment you want from guys for the rest of your life, then keep putting up with his shitty behavior.

Quite honestly, if a guy treated me the way you say this guy treats you, i'd have dumped him ages ago. You don't need that crap in your life, and neither do i.

By staying with him, you're also treating yourself likeShit. You're better than this stuff.