Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 weeks ago

Are Whites aware or willing to admit they have privilege in America over people of color?!?

Favorite Answer

Of course, we’ve experienced it our whole lives, though racists will never admit it.

Prejudice and discrimination are not only the result of being born in a "minority race"! It is more easily seen then.

Bigotry is bigotry and even in a racially homogenous society it takes place.

When you claim all white are privileged, you are ignoring the bigotry that takes place in all white neighborhoods/communities. Also being ignored are the forms of bigotry that take place in any racially homogenous neighborhoods.

White on White, Black on Black and Hispanic on Hispanic (or similar) crimes are the most frequent. This is simply because a lot of crimes are based on some form of bigotry. 

I am a conservative who happens to think all bigotry is wrong.

It doesn't matter if it is a president claiming that the problem is those gun lovers who pray and read the Bible. A liberal talking about "white trash". It can be that skin head with that funny arm band. It can also be a popular religious leader burning some one else's Holy Book or some kid burning a flag. They are all of the same weave of fabric only a different pattern.

Of course we're privileged. But why is that a problem, people of color can earn that privilege too. But they can't go playing the race card every time they meet up with some barrier to their advancements. They have to start taking responsibility for their own futures.

Everyone has a certain amount of privilege. Blacks are favored in hiring and they have many more laws very focused in fortune 500 companies the world over protecting them in regards to workers rights. Often, corporate bureaucracy makes it where blacks are treated less severely with infractions in the workplace.

Yes, whites are treated with less scrutiny by law enforcement. That is because whites have not been associated with killing cops, resisting arrest and many criminal activities some blacks choose to enter in to. I think time and the change in black community's disdain for police will get rid of this. I'll admit that this makes it hard for well spoken and career minded blacks. However, if I was a cop, I'd be more leary about an infraction with a black for the simple reason hatred and killing of cops is widely promoted in the black community. 

• helene

Why do you think "Whites" are accountable to you? Who do you think you are?

If "privilege" means I don't grovel on demand to you Maoist malcontents, then yes, I have it.

Jewish Americans are 2% of American population. 44% of those Jewish Americans are part of the 1%. So when are Jews gonna admit they have privilege?

Blacks sure don't seem to mind having black privilege in Sub Saharan Africa. Nor do white liberals like you ever call them out. 

There IS no white privilege in California.

We're treated equal.

The rest of the southern, eastern and northern states? I can't speak for. The west coast states are the same as California.

Source(s): Nonwhite.

you misspelled Democrats.

• -j.

Some are aware and willing to admit it, yes.

Others claim there's no such thing as "white privilege", but when pressed, turn out to not have the faintest $#@!ing clue what it is.