BOOM
BOOM asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 weeks ago

Today Devin Nunes addressed Lt Col Vindman as "Mr. Vindman" - why is it ok for the GOP to publicly disrespect a career Army officer?

• John

That proves nunes doesn't love America.

Look, these GOPster gangsters are the same people who think it's OK for "Cadet Bone Spurs" to be the commander in chief. They know nothing about military matters or anything else. They are Russian agents and traitors, just like their Orange Hitler boss.

• John M

It's ok because civilians are not bound by military protocol. Vindman only wore his uniform because he thought it would give him immunity from criticism.

Technically the honorific "Mr" is appropriate for any male, even males entitled to other grander honorifics as well. It's not disrespectful to address Senator Paul Rand as "Mr. Rand" rather than as "Senator Rand." It's not incorrect to call former president George W Bush "Mr. Bush" instead of "Mr. President" or "President Bush." 

It's generally seen as petty and entitled for a person to insist on being addressed by some grander honorific such as "Doctor" or "Captain" or "Professor." The gracious and secure individual is satisfied with "Mr" or "Ms" without any demand that others know and use some other title. 

EdWinter, you misunderstand my point. If Senator Pink insists on one addressing him as SENATOR Pink, then it's not inappropriate for one to insist that Pink address one using one's own preferred honorific such as Reverend, Secretary, Ambassador, Colonel. 

• EdWinter
      3 weeks agoReport

Oh my! Are you TRYING to further ENRAGE our "liberal" friends by pointing out yet one more aspect of functional reality to them!?!

I can assure you that they simply WILL NOT TOLERATE that sort of behavior!!!

They disrespect our service men that fought for this country. Look how they turned on McCain and many men that served. This is disgusting and the people are seeing it all over the world.

• summertime
      3 weeks agoReport

I need nothing from you. Get away from me. You people are acting like traitors for a stinky man. I wonder why. Stay away from me. 

Be honest latter on Vindman was asked if he thought Nunes was disrespecting him , Vindman said no, Civilians are not required to  follow military code

<sob>

<sniffle>

Okay, I'm finally FEELING better. So, this is what you're fixated on, is that it, Troll?

Please share!

Its not.  They are a bunch of classless babboons, trying to ignore his decades of service to the country. 

• They only respect whom President Trump instructs them to respect, and they obey.

• Ro

It is not disrespect. Calm down sweetie

• EdWinter
      3 weeks agoReport

She takes her orders from the Mainstream Media Division of the Democratic National Committee. That outfit's STANDING ORDER is remain in a state of permanent RAGE until further notice.

Therefore, she's functionally incapable of calming down. It would take a powerful drug to create that effect in her