What should I do, I like my cousin.?

Firstly, I am 14 and my cousin is 12.

I think it started last summer at "The Lake" and throughout my life partly. Over the summer when we went to "The Lake" it was just us two and our family, no other kids. We talked a lot and hung out. We text each other on the way to meeting up too. 

Later in the year we went to Six Flags. She started out messing around and tugging my shirt. She eventually started holding my shirt. Then she went into an arm lock without me even knowing. I didn't like it at first, but very soon I felt good about it. When she got cold I cared for her more than anyone I've ever known. I genuinely care for her and her health. By the end of the night she had to go home, but I felt something. I had a major urge to see her again.

She is amazing. She is hilarious, beautiful, and a just overall amazing person. 

I have no clue if she likes me back, but she rests her head on my shoulder, hugs me, wants me to sit next to her and be close to her. I really genuinely care for her. What should I do?

People have told me to block out these feelings. They say it'll only be negative, but what if it won't? I mean, theres a chance. I'm thinking I'll just hang out with her a lot and make our current friendship go further. I want to see if it can become something.

What should I do? Is it ok to like my cousin? 

• Jerry
    Favorite Answer

Absolutely it's ok to like your cousin. However, liking them in a romantic/sexual way is playing with fire. Being great friends, and supporting each other is terrific - I have a female cousin that is like the sister I never had; same age difference. At 12 and 14 you're just beginning to feel the urges that come with puberty...in today's over-sexualized world, the advice you're getting is excellent...keep things in perspective and under control. If she doesn't have the same type feelings you have and you "make a move" on her, you could ruin a future for both of you.

• Jerry
      3 weeks agoReport

My wife's mother's first cousins married years ago, but that was after both had lost spouses and had their children.  I think in some states, it's illegal for first cousins to marry.  I hope it works out the best for both of you!

• Brian

It's great to admire her a lot and to be close with her but to get intimate is another thing. Just admire the fact that you have a close friendship type relationship with her and don't spoil what you have.

If you to get into a relationship that would be incest. I dont think you should be together. It would probably make the rest of the family really mad.

Are you for real?  I mean you must know the answer to that.  Keep it a friendship but be careful and I would suggest others being around.  She may be amazing but that is really dangerous.