Is this a red flag situation?

I am a middle-aged woman and I met a younger man on a date site. He has mild cerebral palsy. He lives distantly about an hour and a half away from me. He does not have any problems with speech but does have some problems with walking. 

He is moving very quickly. He has mentioned that I am everything he has ever been looking for although we just talk on the phone and text. He always says he wants a life with me. We have not yet met. He wants me and my two kids to come to meet him near Christmas. I am overwhelmed as to why he is so set on me. He has mentioned recently, something about being eligible for extra money if he gets a caretaker. I am also wondering if this is not a red flag situation. I am hesitant to meet him because it is moving too fast. Is this a red flag?

• Jerry
    Favorite Answer

I'd say a big red flag... Trust your gut feelings. Moving too fast, or desperate...either one is a cause for concern. Perhaps just saying exactly that will either make him realize what's happening or... As the parent of a special needs adult, social skills are sometimes their downfall because they (many times) don't have the chance to interact with the "non-disabled" population in everyday circumstances like most of the rest of us.

He doesnt need a relationship. He needs a nurse

Wow, you going to dump the cripple next and ruin his dreams too? Gives some insight into some types of women on dating sites, doesn't it?

I agree with the poster below about move on, move on!  He has too much baggage and being pushy.

There's already problems, find someone else