Michael asked in Dining OutFast Food · 3 weeks ago

Does McDonald's background check?

I am 17 I got fired from a small diner after working their 1 and a half years. I live in a rural small town in Ohio and McDonald's is the one of the only businesses in town.I am trying my hardest to get a job their because I have my own car which I pay for the car itself, license, gas, insurance, upkeep of the car too even though I am on my parents insurance plan I have  to pay it all that is why I had a previous job and why I am getting trying to get a new job.

Like will they background check if I get fired or is McDonalds known to call a former employer

• D

background check is not about checking your resume. that is a reference check. background checks are completely different, usually having to do with past criminal offenses.

• WOOWHO

I  have a method to  KNOW the answer     apply  and ask  what your background check showed ...... and before you do  pay to have  your own back ground check done on your self and see if it matches Mc Donalds  or  call the  mc donalds headquarters  according to FELONY FRIENDLY .jobs.org  McDonalds do a CRIMINAL back ground check .    odd one declines to say the reason one was FIRED    might want to be honest  with the next employer they might call your last job to see why you were fired and was it JUSTIFIED

hell no, don't do background checks, half the people there were either of drug addicts or been to jail at some point, or got fired from another job, I would see my supervisors mugshot online and show it to people 

• Joe

Where do you live,in Hooterville ?  One diner and one Mcdonalds ?  You poor, poor people.

I’m sure that they will

They don’t really check but just to be careful 

What did you get fired for you stupid piece of crap

• Yes they do, and if you pass the background check they will not hire you.

• Bob

They don't care if you got fired from another job,they only care if you have a criminal record,and even if you did,it does not mean that they would not hire you.

Yes, most places do unless it's under the counter work.

Edit: they will background check for any arrest or criminal offenses

When it comes to work history, it depends on the hiring manager if they call references or previous work history.

Source(s): Worked for McDonalds when I was young