Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 weeks ago

Why do Politics bring out the worst in some people?

Favorite Answer

Because the worst people are drawn to politics

Because politics CREATES the worst in some people.

Because politics, religion, and sex are based on beliefs. And everyone has their own sets of beliefs that they hold onto despite the facts. EX: If you believe the Earth is flat and I tell you no it's a sphere, you and I will get into a heated argument because neither one of us will change our beliefs. EX: Similarly if you believe Trump is the savior incarnate and I say no he's a charlatan, we'll argue because we believe we're right.

Something like this

• John

Because many lie about politics as often as they breathe.

An inability to use logic instead of using emotions as their source for making choices.

The Media and Politicians play on that human flaw and use it to stir up action.

The obvious problem is the fact that emotional reactions are devoid of logical reasoning. The solution is to stop and think any time you get overly emotional but it seem very few are capable of achieving that skill.

When young my mother used to say: "Temper Temper - count to ten." I learned very quickly that a purse and a slight diversion can reduce the desire to overreact.

Because of fear-mongering and a sport's fan mentality.

Tribalism.  My team good, your team bad.  Anything you say must be wrong.  Anything someone on my team says must be right.  Etc.

• Henry

It could be the people, not the politics.

The format of Y/A sure makes it easy.