Why do Muslims like beards? ?

Maybe not Muslims but people from the Middle East I know, obviously not all do but I've decided to do movember and having never let my facial hair grow decided I'm doing my own version and just not shaving. I work with guys from Jordan, Iraq, Pakistan and Egypt to name a few. They're Muslims and I consider them friends as I'm not a particularly religious man so that doesn't come cinto it. I am curious to why they all like the beard, one guy from Turkey actually complimented it today despite it being the patchiest beard ever and I said "thanks but as soon as, December first comes it's gone" , he got a little frustrated and just said "if you do I will..." I thought it was funny, he's always asking why I don't grow one too... Hahaha maybe I'm wrong by saying Muslim but people from the middle East, what's the significance of the beard? 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Growing a beard is a norm in their culture. Some Hollywood celebs do grow their own beards.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

Beard is one of the human properties that belong to men only and there are stll many organs of mens' bodies that women do not posses. Can you names for me up to ten.

• Kin
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

I don't approve of Muslim men who have beards, and don't like men with beards. There is nothing religious about it and men should shave their faces and keep their facial hair trim and not let hair grow into a beard. For some men, it might be for cultural reasons and some think it is fashionable. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I’m a Muslim girl and I don’t like beards.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Rick
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

too lazy to shave EVERY DAY ....................................

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

it helps them feel more secure in their masculinity. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.