Why do Americans generally have very bad moral ethics ? Do they really believe sex before marriage is okay ?

It seems they are so much into drinking and smoking pot putting tattoos living with their boyfriends or girlfriends . Ive heard they actually do have sex before marriage . Why do they do this ?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Not all of us do, of course, but those of us who do it, do it because they feel like it and they think that God will save them in their sins. Or they're irreligious.

• Archer
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

You seem ignorant of much of the world.

• dark3 weeks agoReport

Thank you and you're right because we aren't supposed to love this world and get much involved in it

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Morality is relative to the standards of the social order. Sex without marriage is not immoral, depending upon country or religion. And, it's most of civilization, not just USA.

http://www.ipsnews.net/2018/04/premarital-sex-incr...

Contraception, Reduced Parental Supervision, Earlier Sexual Maturation of Women and Later Age of Marriage for both sexes, More Women in the Workforce, More Gender Equality in Jobs, Declining Marriage rates, declining religiosity.

• Davros
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

And there was me thinking it was supposed to be a land of the free where you can be what you want to be.

Is that not the case?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Don't generalize. I am American, and I live a clean, healthy, active lifestyle. I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't chew tobacco, I don't toke, I don't do drugs of any sort. I hike, camp, kayak, fight in medieval recreation combat, practice archery, cook, draw, paint, and I am a Nurse, living by a code of Ethics and Morals.

• 3 weeks ago

Murikkkans are greedy liars that refuse to think properly. Just look at who they elected to represent them. 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

What century are you living in????

• 3 weeks ago

I think because they are very individualistic. People are encouraged to make their own decisions and live with the consequences. 

Personally I have no issue with sex before marriage as long as there's protection, but the smoking, drinking and tattoos bother me.

• Bokito
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

It saves on commas I guess.

• Rayal
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Because we can.  Sex before marriage is ok with me as long as protection from unwanted pregnancy is taken.  

If you want to live in a authoritarian theocracy there are plenty of choices. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.