Conservatives: are you worried that Rudy G says he has "an insurance policy"? Does it trouble you, Giuliani announcing he has dirt on Trump?

If Giuliani's insurance were something to stop Schiff, he'd have used it by now. But Giuliani having dirt on Trump breaks the whole "innocent Donald" narrative. It tells us there's more good dirt out there, waiting to be uncovered. Does that bother you?

• Ann

Not at all......................

Why has Rudy needed to use anything? So far there is no evidence that he did anything wrong.

• Sam

I guarantee Dump still throws him under the bus, Rudy is going to prison.

As his attorney Giuliani likely knows a Lot about his one and only client. It would be illegal for him to reveal anything that falls under the category of Attorney/Client Privilege.

• Brian

It might if Rudy was sane.

Giuliani needs a lawyer (which he has), not insurance, it's not a literal bus. 

Rudy Giuliani has said – apparently in jest – he has “insurance” on Donald Trump, should the president and his aides decide to try and blame him for the mounting controversy over the administration’s dealings with Ukraine.

A day after Democrats on Capitol Hill called their public witnesses to testify about Mr Trump’s July phone call with the leader of Ukraine and Mr Giuliani’s private outreach to Kiev, the former New York mayor said he believed the president would remain loyal to him.

Asked by the Guardian if he was concerned about being “thrown under the bus”, Mr Giuliani replied: “I’m not, but I do have very, very good insurance, so if he does, all my hospital bills will be paid.”

Mr Giuliani was asked about how confident he was that Mr Trump would not ditch him, amid reports senior Republicans were considering seeking to use him a scapegoat, as a means of protecting the president.

Mr Trump was previously asked if Mr Giuliani remained his personal lawyer and appeared reluctant to back him entirely.

“I haven’t spoken to Rudy,” he said last month. “I spoke to him yesterday, briefly. He’s a very good attorney and he has been my attorney, yeah sure.”

fake news...........................

• Elwood Blues
      4 weeks agoReport

Real news: https://www.businessinsider.com/giuliani-says-insurance-in-case-trump-makes-him-fall-guy-2019-11

No, he wouldn't have used it by now. You.....don't really understand the concept of an "insurance policy". It's the threat to use it that keeps them in line. If you use it, there's no threat anymore.

• Elwood Blues
      4 weeks agoReport

(1)  Whom do you think is being kept in line by Rudy's "insurance"?

(2) If Rudy could blow Schiff up, and end the hearings, why in God's name would he not do it?  Or are you saying it's an empty bluff?