Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 weeks ago

Can a security guard at my school taking my personal property without my consent?

I have a mini soccer ball my friends and I play with at lunch and the security guard took it today without my consent. I am the owner of the property, and refused to give it back.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Yes, they can. Ask the administration what you need to do to get it back.

• 2 weeks ago

Actually, you're not the owner. Your parents are. Just go to the office and ask for it back.

• Athena
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Yes, you are a minor and while in school you are a ward of the state. Your safety is more important than your property rights.

• 2 weeks ago

Take your complaint to the principal.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

I'm confused.  You are the owner of the property and refused to give it back?

I thought security had it.

Write a letter to the principal, copy to the School Board.  Cite the rules and regulations, why this personal property was taken from you - if that's the case.

• Teal
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

When you are on campus, you agree to follow school policy. They can confiscate personal property if you are being disruptive or if it's something you aren't allowed to have. They can't keep it though. Your school handbook should tell you how to get it back. Otherwise your parents may need to pick it up for you.

• jimmy
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

That is theft. A security guard has no right to take your property and keep it.

• Bob
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Phone the police, that will fck him up.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.