Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 3 weeks ago

How do I stop thinking about someone? Why am I possibly in love with someone 20 years older?

I’m 24 & he’s 45 & he was my college teacher...I don’t know why I can’t stop thinking about him. I don’t have any sexual feelings towards him but I just have been thinking about him everyday and perhaps him hugging me and talking to me cause he I know he cared about me etc..why do I feel this way? This teacher was also rude but a little similar to the way my dad was...he would get angry only with me but out of care and not when other students did it (I don’t get either. but yeah)..my dad was quite abusive so it’s weird..Why do I keep thinking about him? He had a girlfriend but I guess because I know how much he cared about me as a student idk he would also always wink at me and give me special attention (I think as a student) but that shouldn’t be giving me these feelings..it’s so wrong but idk why I feel this way about him..is this a crush? Does it have to do with my dad never being there for me? Am I just lacking a male in my life? I a also saw this other guy who was 46 and for some reason was also  liking him because he was being so nice and caring..why do I like 40 year old men too? What’s wrong with me???

You have "daddy issues". It's completely normal for females who had abusive fathers. See a therapist about this, and talk with them.

Source(s): 17 yr female with extreme "daddy issues"

Yes, it is a crush.

Yes, you seem to have 'daddy' issues.

Get some therapy to learn to form appropriate relationships.

• mokrie

You have a daddy complex. Your trying to get attention from a daddy figure. That's why it isn't sexual. Trust me, a 40- 45 year old man is not interested in a daddy daughter relationship. He wants a SEX partner of the same maturity level.

• Dave

Simple. You're immature and it's called lust. It happens. As you grow older, you'll understand.

You can’t stop because you won’t stop. It’s that simple.