Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsDrawing & Illustration · 2 months ago

Is this furry species I made illegal?

So I have made this species that is kind of like a protogen, except it is more of a cyborg that a robot. However, they have the same kind of screen face, apart from the fact that they can open their mouths, and can eat food under certain circumstances. Is this an ok species, or is this considered a copy cat thing?

More info on the species I've made:

• they come in different colors, shapes, and species (like one can look wolf like, another can look more bird like, they dont have to have ears, etc.)

•the only part of them that is visibly robot like on the outside is their screen face. All the rest of their robot stuff is on the inside.

•they can glow, more specifically, they can have like glowing freckles, patterns, specific parts of their body, etc.

•they need to buy a special zip drive every time they want to eat in order to be able to consume and taste food (because company greed) and can get energy from the food they eat, but otherwise need to charge themselves.

•they dont have any of the classic protogen accessories other than the screen face.

•they do have flesh, blood, tissue, all that good stuff. They be cyborgs tho.

It sounds unique to me. Definitely not illegal.

• Sky

What you describe would not qualify as a furry character, based on the commonly accepted usage of the term "furry" in the furry fandom.

You are confusing real life with fantasy. There is no fantasy 'species'. There is only a copyrighted and possibly trademarked property, visually, with written 'characteristics, powers' etc becoming part of the copyright/trademark. You can't draw or write something that would be immediately recognized as derivative of the copyright/trademarked property without risk of being sued.

• keerok

So you drew something. Great! I see nothing wrong there except for the terms you seem to use so fondly. I'm guessing science wasn't your favorite subject in school?

• So I have made this species that is kind of like a protogen

Of course it's not illegal.