I look like a lesbian?

I’ve been told by a few people that I look like a lesbian/bisexual? I guess I have the “bisexual haircut” (it’s sort of like a bob) Is there a certain way a lesbian looks/acts? I don’t see it at all personally but it bothers me. 

• they tend to be butch and never wear dresses or feminine stuff

Sometimes there's a certain style of haircut that definitely gives away lesbian vibes. Usually those hairstyles are not only boyish, but extremely boyish, like more boyish than even actual boys ever wear. Think of an Archie comics, 1950's style haircut for a guy, and then put it on a girl. That one could be considered lesbian. But just any short hairstyle on a girl is not necessarily a lesbian style haircut.

It's b.s. - I've known any number of straight girls/women who liked short haircuts, and even wore boys clothes (mostly skater chicks).

I've also known lesbians who were as girly as the day is long.

Don't worry about what people think of you. Especially these days--people are dumb. There is a lesbian haircut, but it's not a bob. It's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilKcXIFi-Rc

Youtube thumbnail

And btw, that woman is straight. And awesome.

• reme_1

IT is not your haircut. There are women out there who shave their heads. That doesn't make them gay. Do you feel any attraction toward other women?

If not, then maybe these people are just trying to irritate the **** out of you.

Hey, I never had short hair till I got OLDER and I didn't understand my own sexuality till I was 25. No one mentioned their suspicions to me ever.

You might want to call the gay center and talk to the counselor. See what he or she says. It might be the way you are carrying yourself. Who knows.... Just remember to be who you are. Don't let other people make you feel less or different. HUGS from a SENIOR lesbian

Well, those people are ignorant. You can't "look" like a lesbian or like a bisexual. People like to determine others' sexuality based on appearances and behaviors. Don't let 'em get to you, always be yourself

• Cogito

Whoever said that is not very bright.

Lesbians and bisexual women can wear their hair and wear clothes of all types.

Almost all the gay women I've ever met look like - women.  You'd never guess their sexuality.

Unfortunately a lot of people just assume someone's gender or sexuality based on their appearance :( They just assume that if a girl has a "boy" haircut or if they appear more masculine, then they must be gay or bi... I know how it feels! When I told my friends that I was bi, they were very surprised (as I think most people would be) because I dress mostly feminine and I "look" straight. It really sucks but I wouldn't be bothered by it. Only you know if you are/aren't and that's all that matters! :)