Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 3 weeks ago

How to deal with my husband?

He keeps wasting money we desperately need on lottery tickets and online gambling. We can barely pay rent as it is. Life has become so stressful it’s like a nightmare.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

If you have already talked to him about this then it is either ultimatum time or intervention time. Good luck.

• 3 weeks ago

Divorce him before he drags you into a financial abyss.

Well. . . divorce him unless he agrees to get help for his gambling addiction.

He must go to meetings and show proof of stopping it.

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Financial counseling and gambling counseling is needed immediately.  He should not have a card on the checking account to withdraw money.  You will need to take over all bill paying.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • mom
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

you need to sit him down and have a good talk with him. show him all the bills that must be paid

• kristy
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Find another man that has his sheet together, then get rid of the hubby

• 3 weeks ago

Leave him and tell him you aren't coming back until he stops gambling. See which is more important to him.

• 3 weeks ago

That is terrible he is wasting money on crap. Sorry for saying that but it is merited here.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

He's a gambling addict. Put your foot down, tell him if he doesn't stop, you'll leave. He should attend Gambling Anonymous. Tell him you can't continue this way by living with an irresponsible person and that he needs to get his act together because he's making your life miserable. 

• 3 weeks ago

Here's the best thing you should do:

- Divorce

• Jordyn3 weeks agoReport

As much as I hate to agree with this, I believe this the best choice. She will go through hell trying to change that habit in him. By the time she will realize it’s too late she will be deep into debt with kids on hands and nowhere to go. he doesn’t care about how it affects you 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.