Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 2 weeks ago

Do real estate agents make over $100,000 and get at least 6 weeks of vacation a year?

If not- then I don't want the job.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • John
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

It depends on how smart they work.

• 2 weeks ago

Then don't take the job.  Most fail and earn little or nothing.  Only a few do well and $100,000 is pushing it.

• 2 weeks ago

Very few people get 6 weeks vacation, real estate agent or otherwise.  If you own an agency and its successful, I suppose 6 weeks isnt crazy.  

• Boomerful2 weeks agoReport

If you are the head agent at a RE office, it is highly unlikely to be able to have 6 weeks off. Maybe 1 week, 2X's a year. There are too many questions and what if's that you have to be there to answer and take care of.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Some make over 100,000, most don't. You're going to have a tough time finding ANY job, if you have those limits.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Yes, you should stick with minimum wage part time.

• 2 weeks ago

I have a few RE Agents as tax clients:

1)  Most do not make over $100k per year at first.  However, after a few years, if they are good, they do.

1a)  Then must cover their own expenses.  Effectively, they own their own business.

1b)  They must pay their own taxes.  Taxes are not withheld from their pay.

2)  They make their own schedule.  If you want to take a week off, take a week off.

2b)  If they are not closing deals, they are not being paid.  There are no "paid vacations".

Like most self-employed people, they, sometimes work odd hours.  If client wants to see a house after 6pm, you meet them after 6pm.

• Boomerful2 weeks agoReport

You mean its not all glamour, driving around in your Bentley showing the beautiful people multi-million dollar properties that they immediately want to buy for cash....?  Ah shucks. 

• 2 weeks ago

So you don't want to work hard, but get paid a lot... and you want to get into commissioned sales... try something else. 

• Mark
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

They basically work for themselves. Hours aren't fixed and a lot of work is on weekends.  So, if they want to take time off, they have to work around their clients' needs.  Likely the best time to take a vacation is in the winter when sales slow down.

As for earnings, my agent told me to "make a living" he had to close 15 sales/yr.

• Mark
      Lv 6
      2 weeks agoReport

@Boomerful - are you saying "Million Dollar Listing" is a lie?

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Real estate agents are commissioned sales people.   They are paid based on the transactions they close.

There is no paid vacation.   They get paid when their customers buy/sell real estate. 

• Greg
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Good ones do; bad ones don't.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.