Percy asked in Social SciencePsychology · 4 weeks ago

I need desperate advice for anxiety and depression?

Hey guys I’m a high school student, what I’m going through may be normal or but I’m gonna explain anyways. I’ve been juggling a lot of problems lately. Some of them I feel are ruining my life. So I have social anxiety, it makes it harder to connect with people even though I have an established group of friends. However, I still feel disconnected from my friends, and none of them are my best friends so i’m uncomfortable with sharing feelings. It makes me really depressed. This has led me to seek out a someone to date, since I believe that maybe I could connect with a girlfriend better which would solve my problems. So there is a girl I have feelings for. Due to my social anxiety, instead of having conversations with her I’ve done things like start a Snapchat streak, try to be in the same places she’s in (I’m not trying to stalk please don’t get it twisted), and when she’s around try to act a certain way. But as the days go by, I get more stressed that I’ll never be able to win her over. We barely even know each other and I’m afraid to anything to her. My obsession over her is also affecting my grades and my overall mood. It’s ruining my life. Part of me says to just remove her from my thoughts, but I’m afraid that my life will become worthless. My obsession with her seems to be a drive I have. I feel like I’m losing my mind. I’m not trying to sound like a stalker or a creep and I don’t plan on hurting anybody, it’s just how a shy kid like me views life. Can anyone help?

Seems like you are torn between emotion and intellect/reason.Both go together.Also group interaction(social) against one on one (intimacy).If your a high school student then at your age it is probably quite normal to be experiencing the transition from childhood into adulthood.Don't be so hard on yourself to grow up too quickly.Self nurturing and knowing you will get through this as we all do.Make sure you are doing something productive and creative that is uniquely "you".Don't compare with others find out when your strengths are and build on them.This also increases confident in yourself.A girlfriend will not resolve your personal issues as she has her own to deal with as well.No one is perfect.I means you are taking on another responsibility of a "relationship".One step at a time.Nurture quality friendships through getting to know yourself and feel more comfortable in your own skin first.

• LP7
      4 weeks agoReport

copying someone else's answer Jahn!

• LP7

How to get Mental Health help you need https://www.mentalhealth.gov/get-help