Anonymous

How can I time manage school studies for more sleep?

So, every night I have a lot of homework, and I have to study for exams too. I sleep at average 11 pm ever since getting back to school from the summer and if I'm lucky, I can sleep at 9:30. Any tips for time management for all this school stuff? I am always tired in the morning and during school hours because of lack of sleep. I'm also still growing, so I need the sleep also for growing. 

Please help!

I think you need a better balance IMO. Lets assume you get home from school at 3pm-

3-3:30pm- Half hour break to unwind, detach from your day

3:30-5:30- Studies/homework

5:30-6:30: Dinner break

6:30-8:30pm- Studies/homework

8:30pm- Get ready for bed

8:45-9:30pm- You can either decide to unwind for the night, or get in another 45 mins of homework

9:30pm; Lights out bed

This allows you to 4 hours of homework a night (split up), and allows you to be in bed at a much more reasonable time as well! This gives you a solid 9 hours of sleep, and that way you aren't fatigued duing the day, also, this allows you to pay attention better and be more efficient during the day.