Is my girlfriend a needy attention seeker?

Whenever I want to go out, she moans that she doesn't feel well or will make lies up like the babys need there dad as they miss him bla bla. I hardly ever get to go out with the lads anymore. I'm always at home with her and We ve been together 3 years now. It's not my fault she hasn't got any friends to go out with but I'm still my own person. Is it bad that I some times wanna go out and not come back to a moaning nagging girlfriend? She doesn't even make an effort with herself anymore so it's hard to want to be intimate with her when she looks a mess. I know she has our kids but it's no excuse. I feel like I'm being smothered and have thought about cheating. Dose it make me a bad person

Can you take the kids with you? I think that's the answer here. Do things during your days/nights off work that you can bring your kids to as well. Because you are, after all, their daddy. If you don't want to hang around your girlfriend... you can still hang around your sons. That'd be a good thing to do. Do you know any other guys who are fathers? Maybe it's time to get Dad and kids events happening.

• Foofa

Perhaps but if you’ve got babies you’re also being remiss in your parenting duties. Once you have small children you’re not supposed to be going out with your mates all the time. Find a family friendly pub or restaurant and take the kids with you (like the rest of us have to).

• LP7

Compromise and get a baby sitter and you both go out to dinner as a couple once a week.She needs to get out of the house away from her domestic duties like you need to be with your friends too.

• Linda

It is normal to feel tied down to someone nagging, who looks bad, and wants to keep you at home all of the time with her. It is not normal to think about cheating. Tell her you need a couple times out a month to see your buds for a few hours and and as long as it is not excessive like all day with them or overnight or getting back in real late in the morning hours, she should be okay with it. You are not married but you are living with her with a kid and she is viewed more or less as your wife. You can't be what you were once but you can and should see your friends occasionally. She may not be a needy attention seeker but I believe you are seeing her as one which is not cool.

She wants to spend as much time with you as possible, I would guess. Some people are just clingy.

Your girlfriend is a dishrag who puts up with you, even though you've pretty blatantly not worth her time or effort.  Yes, you are a bad person.  She and your kids deserve better.  Be honest with her.  Let her know you don't care about her and are ready to cheat.  Figure out how much you'll be paying in child support and make a clean break so she can get on with her life.

Oh, what a great guy you are. You are trashing her, and she has no one to defend her. I don't see you making her feel good, and I get the feeling you are controlling.