I would want to buy an M1A Springfield Armory. May I ask an US Citizen to buy it and after to privately sell it to me?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

This type of arrangement is considered a "straw purchase" and its a very serious crime (felony) for the US citizen participating in the transaction.

• Ivan
    Lv 5
    2 weeks ago

Obama gave 3,000 guns to the Mexican cartels. Where were you? You missed the sale.

Acquiring unregistered street guns isn't that difficult. 

Citizen or not, if you get caught with it you go to jail for a long time. 

• nocountmf2 weeks agoReport

you have no clue what you're talking about, except for the "fast and furious" deal

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Even though we are a free country what you ask is illegal.   I am sure you have a 

Black Market in your country and they may sell you a M1A.

• 2 weeks ago

Yes, of course you may.  However, both of you MAY end up in Leavenworth if the Feds catch you as such activity is highly illegal in the U.S.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

No its illegal to mail order guns, and guns can't be sold to citizens outside of the U.S. Maybe 50 years ago but now the times have changed. Unless your a U.S. citizen, you can't buy a gun from America. We aren't special though. I can't place an order and buy a gun from Italy just like you can't buy an gun from America as the U.S. doesn't allow the import of guns from other country's anymore.

• 2 weeks ago

That can not happen.

You must buy your gun in Italy.....

• Simone2 weeks agoReport

Of course, but it is very expensive. M1A Sprngfield Armory costs 3500 Dollar in Ital, I would buy one cheaper

• Gary
    Lv 4
    2 weeks ago

Absolutely not. Guns are very dangerous and are going to be banned soon.

• 2 weeks ago

I explain myself. I am Italian and do not live in the USA. So I would want to give the money to an US citizen, maybe  a man who  needs money and does not sk questions,  so he can buy the rifle in a gunshop and then I want to ask him to send the rifle to my address. Is it ok or there are Federal laws the forbid this practise?

• Ivan
      Lv 5
      2 weeks agoReport

I know you can buy a firearm for some one as a gift, but probably cannot ship it outside the US.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

No. That would be illegal.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.