Health insurance question?

My work offers health insurance and I don’t understand the meaning of plans. For example deductible is $2500 and x Ray is 20% after deductible. What does that mean ?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

    You pay the first 2500 of covered services yourself, before the insurance pays anything. After that, the insurance pays part and you pay part - for xrays you'd pay 20% or 1/5 of the cost

  • 3 weeks ago

    That means that you pay the first $2500 and 20% of the rest, but the insurance company pays 80% of the amount over $2500. For example, if the total is $9000, then you pay $3800 ($2500 plus 20% of $6500) and the insurance company pays $5200 (80% of $6500).

  • 3 weeks ago

    When you go the the doctor you will pay up to the deductible. For example $2500. Once you spend the deductible you only pay the percent. In this case 20%.

    The deductible is for the entire year so once used you only pay the percent.

    The basic charge is usually negotiated with the plan so even when you pay the full amount before the deductible it is usually lower than without insurance.

    There may be other features such as only $15 so see a doctor but lab tests may fall under the deductible and/or percent. Every plan is different and your cost is different.

  • .
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

    ask your HR department clerk

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.