Since the NFL is gradually evolving into an international football league, do you think they'll eventually replace yards with meters?

No way. It will never happen.

• August
      2 weeks agoReport

its American soccer so who cares 

• David

When pigs fly.

I would assume at some point in the future everything will switch to being fully metric. Maybe. Kind of surprised it hasn't happened yet.

• Jon

No, it'll never be popular in Europe, China, India, Russia, Africa, or Latin America.

About as much chance as Europeans changing the name of football to soccer.

Yes. Not only that, but Euros will become the only accept form of payment for tickets. And prices will be set based on income.

Hope you bought your wooden clogs ahead of time like I did?

• y

Possible, there will be a shortage of talent in years to come. As football continues to decline with kids due to the dangers and such. They may be forced to go even more international or slowly die. Seems to me like they are looking at that future and trying to change now, before it is too late.

if that field last night was good enough to play on, it makes you wonder how bad the field was last year.

• Bob

I don't agree that it's evolving into an international league,  and no they won't replace yards with meters.

It's not evolving, have the odd crapshoot game in London because it will bring in more revenue than having it at home isn't a good sign of a sport evolving but either way they wouldn't switch it to meters anyway.