Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 weeks ago

Would you feel bad for a butler if he had to work for a goat?

• Justin

"Would that I could, sir. Would that I could." 

No. Goats aren't very demanding or exacting when it comes to the duties of a 'gentleman's gentleman' given their propensity to be satisfied eating tin cans and hats, washing it down with domestic beer or other swill. Most of their untoward behavior would fall outside of the purview of someone trained in domestic stewardship and household management, though protecting the table linens from being devoured whilst busy inventorying the wine cellar may prove to be a tiresome distraction. 

Goats living on family inheritance tend to remain uninvolved in the emolument of servants, so we need not worry ourselves over any failures to properly compensate such a butler, as his salary is likely handled by non-goat members of the family or relevant staff. 

Listen, Shadowfire, don't you dare deal with this troll the way he deserves. It's abusive to Rufus T. Firefly, and I won't have it!

Butlers working for the Greatest Of All Time probably have it made.