Military members: If Trump orders you to nuke another country without good reason, what will you do?

Update:

You'd better think very carefully about that, because the wrong decision could compromise the U.S. national security.  

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

There is a military member with the football near the president. He has to present the right codes to activate the launch sequence. If he is drunk, drugged, acting totally crazy then the officer probably will consult with the vice president.

• Albert
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

Do you understand that if he makes such a legal order, somehow. I've been so retired now that such is on deaf ears. Thinking carefully because such is national security. What you smoking? Puff, puff, pass. Where's my hit?

• 3 weeks ago

if a valid launch order is given, then it will be carried out

but presidents don't have the authority to use nuclear weapons by themselves

• ?
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

I was never in the position and never will be so it's just a moot question to me. I once was in a former nuke storage area so that's the closest that I've been in such a situation.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

I would love to nuke another country for no good reason even without Trump's order in order to help the world with its overpopulation problem.

• MAD MAX
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Agreed it's time to start thinning The Herd!

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

It's not my decision on whether it's a good reason or not. 

• Shadow Lady
      Lv 6
      3 weeks agoReport

Look at the link that I put beneath the Mad Max answer.  

• 3 weeks ago

I'd be like Denzel Washington.

• 3 weeks ago

If I was a Commanding Officer of a Ohio Class submarine IE USS Nebraska and a valid launch order came down through the NSC yes I would launch I'm Duty bound by  Navy regulations to obey.

• MAD MAX
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

If you would have studied history Moron you'd know Nazi Germany had already surrendered before the A Bomb's were ready! The Two A Bomb's dropped on Japan were military industrial targets fair game!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.