If there are 89 orders and they all shipped in 45 days then how many days on average did it take to ship one order?
- MercyLv 73 weeks ago
45x = 89
x= 89/45 = 1.977 or roughly 2 days
- RichardLv 73 weeks ago
There are many different answers to this question:
1. If each order was placed with the valid shipping time of 45 days, then the average for each order would be 45 days.
2. If an advert is posted for the pre-release of a forthcoming DVD that is due for release in 45 days, and 89 people respond to the advert on the first day, then the average is again 45 days.
3. If buyers find the advertisement in case (2) fairly evenly over the 45 days it is advertised for pre-release sales, then the average will be 22.5 days.
4. If a product is available for immediate shipment, and 89 customers buy over a 45 day period then the shipping time could be down as low as zero. Although weekends and holidays may increase the average slightly.
With this question, it is not possible to give you a specific answer.
- billrussell42Lv 73 weeks ago
not enough info. Were they all shipped at the end of 45 days? What is the shipping process. What is the order of production, ie, how often does an order become ready for shipment.
It may take 45 day to get an order ready for shipment, so the answer would be 45 days.
There may be production issues such as a 45 day delay in getting parts, so it could take only 1 hour to ship an order.
- llafferLv 73 weeks ago
You want "days per order", so divide the number of days by the number of orders.
45 / 89 = 0.506 days (rounded to 3DP)