Anonymous

My African American friend has huge head/facial features?

It’s not meant to be a racist question but this one guy I know when we take pictures I realize how much bigger his face/features is. He’s a little shorter than me. What is the meaning of this Scientifically?

Update:

I’m Indian maybe it’s not a race thing but was just wondering if there was a meaning.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

It's normally found among Northeast Africans, particularly those whose language belongs to Cushitic group. Just google "Barkhad Abdi" , he's an example of a typical Norheast African with large head. Scientifically speaking, people who carry this feature tend to have dominant portion of Y-DNA Haplogroup E1b1b. E1b1b has the highest percentage in Norrtheast African countries. Many North Africans and certain Arabs also carry E1b1b ancestry, which is why you can sometimes find Arabs with large head as well. 

Your friend might carry ancestry from Northeast African, or possibly North African/Southern Arabian. 

• reme_1
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Genetics... do you know what that is?

• 3 weeks ago

That's how they adapted in Sub-Saharan Africa.

• 3 weeks ago

It's just how their race is. Not their fault. Sadly, some races are more fortunate not to be others.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

The black man is the Original Man, he's the strongest by nature.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

It means he is an individual with his own individual features. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.