If its not ghosts/spirits, what is the REAL cause of inanimate objects (like chairs) to move on its own?

or even "orbs". people have recorded this on camera and are flabbergasted. it happens when people ARE AROUND or NOT around.

• 5 days ago

Chairs don't move. Did you ever see one move personally yourself? On TV, its a special effects trick. In books, it's an exaggeration or hoax.

Orbs are reflections of light off dust particles or water mist in the air. Or they could be reflections in a window or the camera lens. Ask a professional photographer about this.

• Gary K

There are only anecdotal reports and stories about objects moving on their own; there is no good evidence the phenomenon is real. Nothing has ever been documented under properly controlled test conditions; this is evidence that the phenomenon is not real. People are prone to misinterpreting things, making stuff up, and hoaxing each other.   

• C-Cat2 weeks agoReport

The simpler minds among us will jump for the first explanation without even considering if it could be wrong.

Things happen that we can't explain every day but in time we are able to witness and understand them. Lightning was thought to be thrown to earth by gods. The whistling of the wind as it passed through the forest was thought to be all manner of mythical creatures. Bubbles in the mud in swampy areas was thought to be some kind of mud monster until we learned about gasses, honey bees were thought to be levitating until someone noticed that their tiny little wings were flapping. 

The point I am making is that lots of things were thought to be paranormal but once they were studied it turned out that none of them were. 

IF a chair moves then there is a reason for it, most probably a bloke off screen tugging on a bit of fishing line, but not gods, mythical creatures or mud monsters. 

When you witness something moving that shouldn't be, or other paranormal occurrences, you witnessed them and that should be all there is to it. You witnessed them because they happened and your mind registered that something out of the ordinary just took place. That points toward a healthy mind. A sceptic will be interested but will not believe you 100% unless he can get more evidence. That is also a sign of a healthy mind. An unhealthy mind will try to make up an excuse for what they witnessed and they are called denialists If a denialist still believes that man will never fly, he will look up to the sky and say "it is just a bird, a bird with Boeing 747 written on its side." Once it becomes an everyday thing, the denialist will shy away. Don't worry about it. over 80% of the world is in agreement with you. 

We still have no clue as to what it is all about. Things happen that we can't explain every day but in time we are able to witness and understand them. Lightning was thought to be thrown to earth by gods. The whistling of the wind as it passed through the forest was thought to be all manner of mythical creatures. Bubbles in the mud in swampy areas was thought to be some kind of mud monster until we learned about gasses. Denialists are just like us but fixed permanently on the slow setting. Just learn to smile at their ridiculous comments, especially when made on the paranormal section. It is very simple really. If you have a dog, you know you have a dog and may have just walked him and fed him today so what are my chances of telling you that dogs don't exist so you can't have even seen a dog before? Not looking good for me, is it? That is the problem denialists face on here.

EDIT! That is how you upset denialists, three of them anyway. Thank got for multiple accounts

• Chairs do not move by themselves and 'orbs' are just motes of dust reflecting the light. 

You don't need explanations for things which do not happen.

• Mr. P

If some ghost phenomenon is based on a localised distortion of time, and as time is directly proportional to gravitational fields, then it is possible that a localised distortion of time will also cause a localised gravitational field - which could move objects into it.

I have been a ghost hunter for years, and have had many experiences. Most of what I see is in their time rather than them existing in our time to be seen. This leads me to think that in some way it is possible for the human consciousness to transcend time. - Just don't ask me what the mechanism is. But I have seen and felt things that used to exist.

Unfortunately scientists have not fully understood what causes gravity yet, or how to manufacture some in a laboratory, so the answers are not likely to be known until they have.

• C-Cat2 weeks agoReport

Sandra, I will give you a little tip. If you find anything I have to say offensive, then stop reading what I have to say. So simple even a dumb blond should understand wot???

• A.J.

Many of them were staged and debunked. There are automatic triggers. No actual verified proof has been found.

• Henry

It's demons, as usual. Or something that most don't understand enough that seems just like demons or ghosts or aliens.