Can a vision impaired person have a title signed over to them?

My kids father said he would sign over the truck title to me but he thinks he cant because I am vision impaired! I dont need to drive it I can get someone to drive it for me. I want the truck title because it is the only way I will be able to get my kids to school and the doctors because he is leaving me as a single mother of 2 disable children.

Yes a vision impaired person is allowed to own a vehicle

of course, in the US, you do not need a license to own a car. 

a person with a disability who can't drive can have someone else drive.

do you have a volunteer to drive it for you?  it will get expensive paying someone, paying insurance, gas, repairs, etc

the only time a disability would prevent an adult from owning a car is if they were mentally incompetent as determined by a court...and under guardianship.

• zipper

That is different in each state, I had a blind friend that owned a car and had it registered as well in New Jersey. I would take it to inspection for her when it was due. So it may be possible in your state. Being I do not know were that is, I really have no idea; call the state Motor Vehicle and ask them, they would know the rules in your state!

• Edna

The fact that you're vision impaired wouldn't prevent your kid's father from signing over the truck title to you. After someone signs over the title to another person, he is no longer responsible for anything that happens to the car or to that other person.

Someone might be vision-impaired, but a visual impairment doesn't automatically exclude that someone from driving or owning a vehicle. Many vision-impaired people have a driver's license. 

• May

Yes of course you may own a vehicle.  Owning a vehicle has nothing to do with your eyesight.

• g

Sure, Ashley, you can certainly be the named title holder of the truck regardless of your disability.

You can own the vehicle. If you have to hire someone to drive, you may have some trouble getting liability insurance, however. Consider using Uber or Lyft.

• martin

Let him sign over the vehicle to you. After that, your kids' lives are in your hands. So make sure they are safe riding to school and back.

This is a question to ask your local DMV.  The laws on something like this are going to vary by state.

I have lived in one state where you could register a car without a valid drivers license and another where you could not.  

you’re my crush