Can I sue my college for this? ?

So to graduate I need a certain amount of Spanish credits. I went to an advisor, sat down, and he told me which classes to take. I signed up for them and went through 2 entire semester to get my college credits in Spanish. Only one problem. They told me to take the wrong Spanish courses. So I forked over all this money for no reason. Now I have to pay even more money to take an extra Spanish class that doesn’t even 100% guarentee my graduation. So much money and so much time wasted. 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Clive
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

What does this have to do with personal finance?

• 2 weeks ago

Required courses are clearly published...was the second class you took incorrect?>

No, you cannot sue for this.  I mean, you could try but would lose.  

If you have anything in writing from that prior meeting, even just your personal notes saying which classes you needed to take, you can make an argument. 

• Bill
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

Your college should have published the required courses for the degree you are pursuing. Your advisor should know the requirements but you should be able to read and understand them, too. Go get it in writing. 

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

You can sue anyone you want to.  The problem is finding an attorney to do it without a huge retainer.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.