Fish asked in HealthWomen's Health · 3 weeks ago

I've been masterbating since I was 6 ish is this normal? ?

I always used to like rub myself when I was a kid I never rlly understood until I got older about what I was doing. Did anybody else used to do this? 

As I've grown up I started realising what I was/ am doing and now end up doing it 3 ish times a day 

Favorite Answer

Kids generally start playing with their genitalia at a pretty young age, but it's not really considered 'masturbation' until you get closer to puberty, and start engaging in it for the purposes of bringing yourself to orgasm.

There's nothing wrong with masturbating, as long as you aren't allowing it to affect your ability to live a relatively 'normal' life.  People who get addicted to it (often accompanied by a crippling pron addiction) can get to the point where they can't maintain a job, support themselves, have a social life, or enjoy sex with a partner.

Otherwise it can be an enjoyable way to relieve stress, among other health benefits.

Quite normal.....

That is kind of young. You should have waited until you were eight.

• Dave

Nothing wrong with that. Yes normal.

• Linda

It is normal but not usually discussed.

Yeah it's normal. Some people start earlier. I started at 8.