Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 weeks ago

So if someone is making 7.25 an hour why do cons blame the person and not the one paying the wage?

• Zirp

Because they believe the rich deserve hundreds of times that amount.

Their excuses amount to "everybody can climb the ladder simultaneously", as if you could build an entire pyramid several meters above the ground

No one is forcing to work at that minimum wage job but you want to force someone to pay them more. Why should the employer more than necessary to get the employee he needs? It's like the government saying "you can buy bread for $1 a loaf but we are going to force you to pay $1.25 so the bakery can make more money."

• humpty

Any employer who thinks he can keep good people for that kind of wage is a fool. They will get trained and go somewhere else that pays better, leaving you with a constantly changing, unenthusiastic and poorly trained staff.

• y

Nothing wrong with that amount for a teen, a college student, ones second job, mother hour jobs. Things of that nature. Entry level, part time, unskilled labor jobs are supposed to be stepping stones. If flipping burger is what you want to do, then go into the management ranks.

are you a High schooler? Is this your first job? Do you only have a high school education and just finished school? That’s your only excuse 

The thought is that if you're working minimum wage then you're lazy.

My son got a job refolding clothes at a clothing store with NO prior experience and no real skill set... for $10 an hour in Kansas. 

THEN my son got a raise within 3 months. 

Minimum wage is the wage you make to get your foot in the door and learn to... just show up to work on time. It is NOT the wages you get for a career. 

NOW, if you want to show me that employers are taking advantage of people and giving minimum wage as a career salary, and not a starting salary for high school students, I can QUICKLY direct those people to better paying low-skilled job. 

AFTER doing all of that, we can talk about the government getting involved. 

Anyone with any skill can beat $7.25 an hour. Pathetic losers. 

I think we need more context.

If someone is making $7.25 an hour and then complains that they can't support themselves and their three kids, then I blame the person.    That's usually the situation we're talking about.

Conservatives delude themselves that $30/hr jobs just grow on trees.