Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 3 weeks ago

Why do old people think they deserve respect just for being old?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

It's just the civil thing to do. But there is such a thing as commanding too much undue respect and some people regardless of age or sex abuse it.

• 3 weeks ago

Anon, disrespect is the denial of approval or recognition of another person. Many people don’t value the old folks today, and treat them as worthless. But who are these old folks that we talk about? Why they're you of course in 50 years time.

What could be more simplier one human showing respect to another, irrespective of their age? Over the years I've seen respect towards old folks declining in society at a frightening rate and it’s sad. 

Maybe if some people understood the meaning of disrespect, they might be able to understand respect better. The ways  to respect old people are the very basic, its not rocket science. In my day we were taught to respect everyone, especially those who were older and wiser than we were. 

I've always strongly felt that respect towards elderly folks with their own  fortitude, wisdom, knowledge, and grace should be absoved into our young minds, though sadly its not happening today. Youth today need to assess the situation and understand the concept of respect and it’s relation to the elderly.  

Never forget how you would like to be treated, and treat the elderly people the same way. If you haven’t been respecting the elderly so far, it’s never too late to begin. Remember, there for the grace of God GO YOU. 

• 3 weeks ago

because they are more experienced in life

• 3 weeks ago

Because the opposite harms them

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

because their bones and joints hurt all the time

• Bee V2
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

I don't know, but they definitely do. "respect your elders" is such a dumb quote. How about if you deserve respect, I'll give it to you. But elders don't automatically deserve respect for being elder.

• 3 weeks ago

Id tell you if you go un anon! 

• 3 weeks ago

Well, even if we lived an evil life, just the fact that we outlived our contemporaries is kinda remarkable.

Plus, the Bible says to honor thy father and thy mother. It doesn't say you have to agree with them. Or, that you have to follow in their footsteps. Just that you show them honor, for being the reason you're here.

• 3 weeks ago

Their experience, their wisdom, the fact that they have already paid their dues. 

• 3 weeks ago

STR....U SHOULD RESPECT EVERYONE....CAN U DO THAT??

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.