Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 3 weeks ago

I predict within the next 30 years a man will be pregnant and able to have a baby. Obviously due to some fancy surgeries and all. Agree?

• Joe

Why not ? Anything is possible.I mean, spicing genes, stem cell research, there is a long list of scientific achievements that were science fiction twenty years ago. Now on the other hand, why they would do that is a mystery.

i can already do that smh

Disagree because in 30 years we will be really over populated and have bigger things to spend money on. To put it in just a few words.

• Edna

Disagree. There will never be any kind of "fancy surgery" that could transplant the female reproductive organs (the vagina, the uterus, the cervix, the Fallopian tubes, and the ovaries) into the body of a male and make it possible for him to get pregnant and give birth to a baby. 

Even if transplantation was possible, the male body would never produce enough female hormones to make it possible for those organs to function. For one thing, the ovaries couldn't  function; there would be no ovulation; and so the man couldn't ever become pregnant. 

Nô,

No matter how crazy our socity may

seem to get @ times I know deep down

inside tha such a thing would never

hâppėn :)

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,, ,,,

• helene

No, I don't agree, and the very concept is self-indulgent and sexist and STUPID. 

Yes, I'm laughing at you. Damned misogynists think men are better at being women than real women. 

• Joe
      2 weeks agoReport

Sounds like you have a bee in your bonnet, little lady. 

• MissA

There have been trans men who have had babies already.

But in terms of men born with Y-chromosomes and penises and testes? No. They aren't nearly that close. It's not just surgeries it's development of a fully functional artificial uterus, it's controlling the wild variations in hormone levels over the courese of a normal pregnancy, pain control (the uterus has to produce a LOT of drugs to keep its owner from being in agony as it stretches to 1000x its original size), anti-rejection therapy for nine months... the tech isn't there. Maybe someday. But I doubt in thirty years.

• Byrd

A transgender male already had a baby

• Jingles
      3 weeks agoReport

Technically yes but identifies as male so however you want to interrupt it. Obviously you have issues with lgbt

I disagree. 

___________

• Dze

no i dont agree .. its much more likely that biological reproduction will become a thing of the past and 'perfect' and 'enhanced' babies will be grown in a facility .. the idea of a colon baby isnt palatable anyway ..