DeLayne asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 4 weeks ago

It's 2019, and women are still wondering why they can't earn equal pay! They're still blaming everybody but themselves! When are they?

finally gonna start earning the same pay men earn??? Fifty years from now? One hundred years from now will they still be crying about no earning equal pay? How can that be anybody else's fault but theirs? Nobody pays men more for the same work! Can't these women finally accept the truth and admit that men and women are NOT equal? If some man at your job does the work better than you and he works harder than you do, who's fault is it if he makes more money than you???

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

It's because of the glass ceiling and confidentiality of income.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 weeks ago

I have no idea.

• God
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Women need something to complain about to lobby for "equal rights". Otherwise they would actually have to be responsible. 

• 4 weeks ago

"It's 2019, and women are still wondering why they can't earn equal pay! They're still blaming everybody but themselves! When are they finally gonna start earning the same pay men earn??? "

As MOST of us seem to understand, the difference in EARNINGS between any groups, including men and women, doesn't mean anything of significance.  And this is because we have PAY equality instituted by law.

Here is that law as mandated in the US.

https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/statutes/epa.cfm

This law mandates that the pay between any two persons, of any gender, cannot be different if they are working the same job at the same company and hold equivalent qualifications.

But then ... feminists are never talking about the same job.  Feminists just take the difference in average overall EARNINGS between men and women and call that a PAY gap, insinuating that women are paid less at the same job, and further insisting that it is due to "sexism" and "discrimination" against women.  Yet none of their studies confirm that.  In fact, it doesn't even measure that.  Worse though, is that many feminist adherents then go on to promote the false idea that women are paid less at the same job, in complete contravention of the law.

So if we get beyond this feminist deception, I don't think anyone really cares whether all women as group earn the same as all men do, just like nobody cares what blondes make in comparison to red-heads.  As long as we have Individual Pay Equality ... and we do!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

It's 2019, why are masculinists still fighting against feminism?

• .Jerry.
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Here's why:
      "All Men Are Rapists and Should Be Put in Prison Then Shot"
      -prominent feminist Julie Bindel

"I bathe in male tears"
      -prominent feminist Jessica Valenti

"The end of men"
      -Hanna Rosin

The thousand-fold tweeting of #KillAllMen

...all off this to no challenge by any other "feminists"

• y
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

My daughter, high honors and all that academic jazz. At one time MIT was all she talked about. Is now in her senior year and applying to colleges and such. She wants to major in dance. This is the reason, the professions they decide to go into that there is an emotional link with. This kid could be anything in the world she wants, her SAT's, grades, and her resume. Yes she actually has a professional resume, two pages and quite accomplished. Are good enough to get her into almost anywhere she wants to go. Yet, Dance major, her best friend who already is going is a theater major. This is reason of the pay discrepancies, and I blame myself for not pushing something else.

• 4 weeks ago

Complaining about the gender pay gap is mostly a feminist and SJW thing.  Most people, including most women understand it's illegal to pay women less money for equal work.  I think most people these days see that feminists are misrepresenting the issue for agenda reasons.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.