Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 3 weeks ago

Why my mom kepu nagging at me to be thin? ?

She wanted me to be thin and she kept insulting me when I was 10-20 pounds over weight. We argue about it a lot and after I lost weight she ignores me. I don't understand why she forced me to be thin by fat shaming me I was OK with myself I was 15 pounds overweight and my face pretty. 

• Foofa
    Favorite Answer

Nagging kids about weight isn't the way you're supposed to do this, although being 10-20 lbs. overweight at 15 can portend obesity and an early, painful death. But shaming isn't the right tactic and she should have reached out to your pediatrician to find better ways to get you healthy. Your pretty face doesn't matter if you're suffering from heart disease, hypertension and type II diabetes. Hopefully since you've become an adult you've taken your health into your own hands and are now at a normal weight.

you know why she does it. so don't play the game. Refuse to rise to the bait by arguing and fighting. Refuse to do it. And if you do say something, say something like, why are you saying mean and nasty things to your daughter?

maybe she dont want you having health problems from being overweight

We get grief about be slender and you are in a tough situation that you are being bullies.  What a pathetic person she is.