Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 3 weeks ago

What does it mean when a girl is always trying to "fix" my appearance?

I have this friend at work who is a girl and we laugh and joke around and just have a fun time together. Sometimes though, she is always doing things like straightening my hat when it's crooked, or wiping dirt off my shirt, or wiping something off my face. Like how someone's wife would to their husband or something. She also makes fun of me when my clothes are bleach stained, ripped or messed up in some way. Does this mean she likes me? Why does she do this?

• Linda

She likes you a lot as a good friend and she loves teasing you to get your reaction. She may like you more. Tease her back more if you like her.

I never wiped anything off my husband's face, straightened his hat or wiped dirt of his shirt either. He's a grown up he can figure it out. That stuff is what a mother does. I'm not my husband's Mommy

If you want to know whether a female is interested in you, ask her out on a date

Yes buddy, the typical flirting from a girl. Go for it and ask her out if your interested too. What harm can be done? Have a little fun. 

When primates groom each other, it's a way to bond.

So maybe it's the same thing with her, but I think you

knew that already.

When I had surgery, and I got my first meal after waking up from

anesthesia, the anesthesiologist came into the room to check on

me. I was eating rice, and there was a little piece of rice left on

my lip. The guy reached over and brushed it off with his fingers.

I didn't know what to think, and I thought this was overly intimate,

and didn't think it was appropriate.

So yeah, I think it's overly friendly for her to do that, but in this case

it's okay if you like her back.

First off, buy some new clothes.  If you can tolerate her "motherly" attitude, then by all means, keep dating her.

• Blonde

My opinion. I’m picky about ‘cleanliness’. Other women are all about ‘style’. But in the end, does it matter? If it bothers you, talk to her about it....you may be a complete slob and need to have more pride in your appearance. Lol.

I'm a wife and I don't do that sh*t to my husband. That's the kind of sh*t a mom would do.

She's treating you like a child instead of like an adult. Going by your description though I can see why. You seem to be a hot mess who can't care for himself properly.

She sounds friendly and helpful. She wouldn't make jokes at your expense and remain friendly if she didn't like you.