Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 4 weeks ago

Whats the best break barrel for hunting deer and big game?

I was thinking of buying the Cross man Phantom F4 rifle for hunting deer because it provides the accuracy and knockdown power needed for head shots. I was thinking of using it for big game too. Any advice?

If the legal limit for deer is .24 caliber does that mean I could use a .25 caliber break barrel?

I'm not doing anything I don't even hunt or know anything about guns i'm just trying to learn.

• Gary
    Favorite Answer

Guns are very dangerous 

• Robin
  • JOHN B

The trolls are answering themselves and giving best answer

best break barrel? meaning a pivoted at close to back of barrel to load ACTUAL FIREARM? (not a silly airrifle troll query)  NEF- what used to be old H&R in 47-70 cartridge. easy to load and easy to clean, simple to use, reasonable price. Savage 24 with .22 over 20 bore is a good utility gun and shotgun slug will take deer and has been used for moose, elk at close range. A drilling in 12 bore over 8x74R would be good choice if you have money. SAKO or Tikka from Finnland (?) made a bockebuscheflinte in 12 bore over 30-30 that was sold in a plain finish at decent price for american market. .  

• C_F_45

Any advice?

When planning an illegal activity, have a good lawyer. 

Has to be .38 or larger to be legal where I live.