Can a city make me get my driveway fixed if its cracked?

4 Answers

  • GTB
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

    Only if the cracks were caused by the municipality.

  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

    It would be unusual for a city code or deed restriction to obligate terms of maintenance.

    If by chance they did normally their only option for enforcement is to fine, then file lien. Usually liens of that nature will accumulate interest until sold unless liens get near full value of the property, then seizing the property through court action is possible. 

  • Greg
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    They cannot make you but they can fine you, take you to court, and eventually get awarded the property.

  • Will
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    No. It is part of your property and a cracked driveway will not endanger the public or violate any logical or practical city ordinances.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.