Cop trying to put a ticket under my name after 2 and a half years. ?

Backstory is I was a reckless chick that got a speeding ticket 2 and half years ago. Catch is, I’m a twin and our names are only 1 letter different. Our drivers license as well is only 1 number different. I gave the officer obviously my own license, and I was driving my car. Turns out he put the ticket under my twins name. I did traffic school under my name, paid the ticket using the citation number not any name. Flash forward to now when she’s trying to change insurances and they notified her, that her price was due to a speeding ticket. We find out what happened and now the officer is trying to pin it on me and say that I was giving him false information and he’s trying to put everything under my name. I don’t mind getting the ticket, it’s just been so long I’m curious if the ticket can be dismissed altogether, or can we fight something. We live in two different states since that ticket. Anyone know what my best option is? Thanks. 

Catch is, I’m a twin and our names are only 1 letter different. Our drivers license as well is only 1 number different

BS. The only way that is REMOTELY possible is if you both received your licenses within 1 SECOND of each other.

That said, you ADMIT you are the guilty party. NO ONE believes your sister wouldn't have been informed 2 1/2 years ago if your first 2 sentences were true.

• jamaira2 weeks agoReport

Regardless if you believe me or not is up to you dude. Don’t really care, why answer if you think I’m lying haha. Got no reason to troll. As for her not being informed, typically no one informs the recipients of tickets when they get tickets lol. You make no sense my friend. 

• Kieth

Key word, "Trying." Worry about it when he does. Consider where all of your information is coming from. How do you know what the officer is doing? He had to write down your drivers license number, he can't prove you gave him false information.

• Kieth
      2 weeks agoReport

He has to prove it, he can't just go before a judge and say "See my badge? You have to do what I say."