Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 3 weeks ago

why did this happen? ?

So I met this guy in a bar while traveling and we started chatting. We got on super well and were sharing all this information and having deep conversations, really getting to know each other. We spent all night chatting and hanging with each other. At first he told me he was really intimidated by me because he has low self confidence and that I probably have tons of guys pursuing me. His father even introduced himself to me telling me his son was timid and had low confidence, but that we should stay in touch because he has lots of vacation time. He said he could probably visit me. I then talked to this guy again and he said he wanted to meet up with me somewhere. He said he’d even buy my ticket. (I told him to wait till the morning because he had been drinking and I didn’t want him to make that decision then. We left the bar and he kept telling me how special I was and that I was a different kind of girl. He even basically told me at one point I was too good for him. Throughout the night he kept telling me he was going to meet me. When it was time to say goodbye he kept saying in two weeks time we’d see each other. Then it was time to hop on our separate flights back home and once we got back to our respective countries I haven’t really heard from him. Just wondering what people’s takes on it might be???👀

• Linda

After meeting you, he did not feel a strong attraction to you like he thought he would, but he liked you and enjoyed the time he spent with you. I think he thought you were not the one in spite of what his dad said about him, but it sounds like his dad might be interested...

Let me put it to you this way.  If he says "in two weeks time, we'll see each other," I wouldn't pack your suitcase.

• Mikey

He was lushing over you hoping to get some. When that didn't work, he no longer had a reason to keep contact.

• Linda
      3 weeks agoReport

Yes he definitely liked you but after he got back he realized it was not going to work for various reasons. 

Honestly, I have no idea. Perhaps you should text him and "feel" him out, see what he's thinking.

• Linda
      3 weeks agoReport

That was nice but like I said he changed his mind and it had nothing to do with you.